Friday, August 04, 2006

Chinatown is...

...boring.

Seriously. The resturaunts are there to cheat tourists, and the supermarkets aren't anything great.

Oh well. There are two asian supermarkets which cater to the likes of me, as I need things like red dates and stuff. One of them looks much more respectable, but the things are a little more expensive.

The other looks like some back alley market, as in the supermarket is a fish market. Fun. The things there are hella cheap, but also, very close to expiry date.

In fact, there are can food there which expired in 2005.

Scary.

But oh well. At least I think I found people I can bond with. The current batch of people I know are a little more... scary bunch. They clubbed the entire night and came back at 5am. I was invited, but I passed the offer as I didn't know them too well, nor do I really want to anyway. LoL. To me, Clubbing is boring if you are going out with people you don't really know.

Next time, I guess.

But one good thing I realised about them is... DOTA.

In the school.

Some guys over at the other accomodation wanted to DOTA, and just invited people along. We got just enough for a 5v5 game, with a few more later joining us.

Location: Uni computer labs.

Time: Midnight.

:D

Fun. Seems like the fact that "Uni is open 24 hours a day" is true, as all you need is to use your swipe card (or student card, as it is better known), swipe it on the door, and whoa. You get access to the net. Installing WC3 took roughly 15 minutes as we had 3 CDs. Some dude even got updates and stuff all ready in 10 sets of CD-Rs.

And then, by 12:30am, we're off. DOTA to the max!

Even when security came to check on us, we just waved (those who did were killed if possible :P) and continued our gaming. Seems like they got used to us people playing DOTA in the middle of the night.

The entire thing ended at 4am when everyone was too tired to go on. Not too bad. Won a few, lost a few. Messed up a few when I don't know how to use the hero (-random ftw).

DOTA. You can never get away from it. :o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home